Monday, January 17, 2011

another bike!

Not so great...............just picked up a Gary Fisher Tarpon - 2001- a piece of junk. Not the owners fault, it was the bottom of the line when it came out, so it's got crappy components - all of which need to be replaced if I'm going to use it or give it away. I was a little upset about the wording of the ad(picked it up off of craigslist) - it sounded like the rear hub needed worked on, so I figured I could fix it......well the bike didn't even COME with a back wheel! I asked about it, and he said it didn't have a back wheel when he got it..................well why didn't he say that in his ad? I shouldn't have bought it after that, but I did. It's got grip shifters that are either broke or need cables, and the V-brakes are junk and at least the back ones need replacing. A waste of time and money, but I thought I could build a cheap bike for Devin to ride to work on.............We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment