Monday, August 22, 2011

A great weekend

I've had the last four days off, and pretty much took care of all the little things I had to work on, like building the 86 cannondale. Here it is.....

I spent WAAAAAYY to much on it - the rear derailleur hanger is bent/busted, so the only thing I could use was a White Industries Eno Eccentric hub. The front hub is a Paul Components High flange that I got off a guy that works at the bike gallery.I fixed up the Gary Fisher frame I thought was junk. I can't get the headset on right, but it works as is. I changed cranks on the yellow Voodoo - I put the yellow raceface cranks I had on the red Voodoo (put white industries cranks on THAT one). The paint looks a lot better on this picture than in real life.......

We picked up three bikes from Jeanette's dads house - a 1956 Schwinn Corvette (missing the fender guard), Jeanette's lady stingray, and her Schwinn Varsity - all three are horrible rusty - here are the photos:




I've ridden the Corvette and the stingray - very fun! The Corvette has a Sturmey Archer three speed that works, though the middle gear skips (not sure what that is).

Here is a new picture of the yellow Voodoo (looks much better!)



I just got the crank remober for the ISIS cranks on the blue Voodoo - I'll take that off and put the White Industries cranks on it and get it ready for the Katy trail!



No comments:

Post a Comment