Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Kestrel update - and a NEW BIKE!!!

So..........

I went to pick up a used Chris King headset yesterday - the catch being it was attached to a damaged single speed frame. Well, the damage isn't as bad as I thought, so I decided to keep the frame.

Here it is.............a Swobo




The second picture shows one of the two dents - I've seen a lot worse! It's galvanized (or at least painted that way). I changed out the headset to a different one I had (that was much worse), and now I've got to scrounge around for parts.

Here is some updated photos of the Kestrel:



I wrapped handle bar tape around the top tube to hide all the nasty touch-ups, I added an old pair of Dura-Ace brakes, and will go with drop handle bars with bar-end shifters for a change. I'm waiting for new handle bar tape, and it will be pretty much done!. I'm going to try a Sram crank and see how it goes.

I had some modifications done on the 86 Cannondale, and decided to paint it. Here are the pics!

I had the  bent part of the hanger cut off and I filed it down - now the White Industries hub will fit nicely!



We drilled holes in the top tube so I can run a back brake - safety first!!



 The last I'll see of the old logo...............wish I could find a replacement!

Just got the new head set, so I'll finish sanding it down and I'll go for it. I'd like to change the steel fork for a cool carbon one, but it's a lot of money................we'll see.

PEACE




No comments:

Post a Comment