Friday, September 17, 2010

a long week.......

 It has been a long week........... I've been too tired to post! Luckily last weeks friday/flat tire fiasco came out ok - just a metal sliver. This week the weather changed - rain, rain, rain - not too bad yet, still pretty warm, and only 3 "almost" right hooks. I'm really sore, and I don't know why. I should be used to this 20 miles a day thing, but it's not getting any easier.

 Today was a good day. I stopped to help a guy who had his bike upside down along the corridor. He lost a screw on his lower rear derailleur pulley but he found a screw to replace it. I'm not sure why he was still there to be honest - when I got there everything seemed to be in order. I played with it for a moment while I talked to him, but everything seemed ok. I mean, the screw he put in through the pulley seemed to work, so why was he still there and not riding? I don't know.   We talked for a moment about one speeds, and eventually I sped off. A few miles down the rode I thought about turning around and seeing if he was still there, and giving him my bike. To be honest, the thing he was riding was pure junk. He bought it used, and it was a department store bike - JUNK. The bike I ride to work is usually the five dollar bike I got from the D.I. but at least it's a TREK. If I see him again I'll give mine to him - and it will give me an excuse to buy another bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment