Tuesday, December 14, 2010

the accident..........

It was bound to happen. On the way in to work today I was involved in an accident. Luckily I wasn't hurt. I was going north on 82nd at about 5:50 ish in the morning, and I heard some tires screeching behind me. I look over to the right, and here's an SUV skidding and hitting the guard rail. The incident happened right before sunnybrook road (I think its called), where the road widens and a turning lane begins to form (to turn on sunnybrook). The bike lane running north on 82nd goes right along the right lane, so when the turning lane begins you are pretty much riding in the middle of the road until the stoplight at sunnybrooke road.  The guy asked me if I was okay, crept along the turn lane and pulled over on sunnybrook to check out the damage. I should have went over and talked to him but I was afraid he'd be pissed that he just messed up the side of his vehicle because he swerved to avoid me. I had two different flashing lights on my helmet, reflectors on the pedals, reflective tape on my winter boots, a reflective strap around my ankle, and a bright yellow jacket with reflective stuff on that.  Other than that I got soaked! Got the new Voodoo put together and will ride it and take pictures soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment